Founded in 1980, Silver Cloud Hotels is proud to celebrate over 40 years of providing outstanding guest service. Following the simple premise of offering our guests “Friendliness and Cleanliness,” we have become the symbol of hospitality in the Pacific Northwest. Our reputation in these two areas exemplifies why our guests return again and again.
We currently have nine properties in both Washington and Oregon with over 500 employees. We also have several new projects in various stages of development as well as an aggressive capital improvement plan for our existing properties.
Silver Cloud Hotels remain locally owned and operated and we continue to put extraordinary customer service and trust at the center of all we do. From both the Corporate and Hotel level, our entire staff takes personal pride in providing superior customer service to each and every guest. Our goal is to treat each of our guests as if they were in our own home.
We would like to thank our guests for their continued loyalty. We welcome the opportunity to serve your hospitality needs during your next visit to the Pacific Northwest.
Silver Cloud Hotels are proud of our long history of allocating resources, time and energy to help make a difference in the lives of others and the communities we work and live in. Our charitable giving comes in many forms. You can see it in the volunteer efforts of our employees as well as with our financial donations to non-profit partners which help our community’s children and families succeed. We are happy to have contributed to many non-profit organizations in the Pacific Northwest including:
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington
- Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center Foundation
- Children’s Hospital – Silver Cloud Inns and Hotels Emergency Fund Endowment
- University of Washington Business School – Silver Cloud Inns and Hotels Capital Naming Opportunity
- University of Washington Athletic Department
- American Red Cross
- Hope Heart Institute
- Olivecrest Foundation
- Woodland Park Zoo
- Kyle Charvat Foundation
- Evergreen Hospital
- Overlake Medical Center
- The Forgotten Children’s Fund
- Patrons for Cystic Fibrosis
- American Heart Association
- Alliance for Education
- USO Puget Sound
- Bellevue Community College
- Overlake Service League
- American Lung Association of Washington
- Bellevue School Foundation
- Citizens for a Healthy Bay
- In-kind donations – Silver Cloud Inns & Hotels has a long-standing commitment to donate to qualified non-profit organizations
Preserving our Environment for Tomorrow
Silver Cloud Hotels recognizes the importance of protecting and preserving the environment for the benefit and enjoyment of present and future generations. This environmental policy is a statement of our commitment as we play our role in “Preserving the Environment for Tomorrow.”
Our mission in this important area is to conserve natural resources and energy within our hotels without sacrificing safety standards or jeopardizing guest satisfaction and comfort.
The following list enumerates some of the activities and actions undertaken by Silver Cloud Hotels. It is by no means complete and we will continue to look for ways to improve in this important area.
- Over 5,000 high efficiency fluorescent light bulbs, at cost of over $40,000, have been purchased to be used in most areas of the hotels. These bulbs have a life of around 7 years and consume less than 25% of the energy used by the bulbs they replace.
- We have replaced over 30 ice machines with highly efficient air-cooled units. Each unit will reduce the consumption of water by over 540,000 gallons per year.
- Our EarthSmart housekeeping program, which gives our guests the option to reuse their bed linens and towels throughout their stay, has showed substantial reductions in resources used by our laundry department. This program has resulted in nearly a 40% reduction in both water consumption as well as laundry chemicals.
- We have installed new automatic, computerized monitoring and dispersion equipment in most of our pool locations. Besides ensuring the proper balancing of water for our guest’s safety and comfort, this new equipment minimizes the amount of chemicals used.
- By making a capital expenditure in glasses, china and silverware, we have tremendously reduced the consumption of plastic and paper items used in both our continental breakfast and in our rooms.
Silver Cloud Hotels remain committed to the conservation of our valuable natural resources.